About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 16, 2009

Moving On

My second post for the day - I have set out to do what I set out to do today. Mission accomplished.

I met my lawyer - a very unassuming character - oozing with calm and someone who listens and responds. That's why he got the job - because he tells me what I need to know, not just what the manual says. He's meticulous, not wanting to leave anything to chance and I appreciate that, because me, always in a hurry and flurry, will tend to miss things out, simply because I wish to close a file.

I walked out of his office, smiling - really smiling - something I have not done, in quite a while. I felt like I could go on with my life, because someone else has been tasked with my legal burden. This is one lawyer who silently gives you that confidence - something I need right now.

I called my gf, whom he represented only last year, in a messy divorce - to thank her for returning me my sanity. I gave up on the legal profession here - I was being told things I already knew - having been in social services and through exchanges with people in the same boat. I needed to have solutions and it was worth the wait. I am sure, there were many, who felt that I wasn't serious about unleashing myself from this legal entanglement - but those who doubted, didn't understand that it's not getting a lawyer from some cliche law firm or just one out of the phone book - for me, it had to be the correct person - someone who could truly understand my reservations about the proceedings - that although filing is a big deal, I'm just going through the motions because the law required me to do so - failing which I will always be legally tied down.

I'm moving on and today will be another page that I will bookmark.
It's been a year, when this divorce was announced to families and close friends.

No comments: