About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 12, 2008

christmas clock

Time is something we all have, yet it never provides the same anxiety and varies from person to person. I used to have a desk calendar, but don't have one now, since I don't have a full-time job where I need to report for work from 9 - 6 pm and they give me a desk for the salary that they pay me each month. So, for me these days, time flies faster than I can catch up with.

The shopping malls have been gaily decorated with christmas baubles and lights - and my time-date stamp in my head stopped on 3 Nov, because that was the last alarm set for my exams. Although I have a deadline today, the 12th and next week, the 18th, it's not as alarming as exams, therefore, the 2 other time-date stamp is on snooze. I know that because my classmate just sent me a text message to remind me of our deadline today. So, all the colourful decorations didn't do anything for me, I didn't move with time. Today IS THE 12th, almost midway to November and almost 5 weeks to christmas. That's fast. Too fast.

I remember thinking that the first 6 months in a year drags like the year will never end, and then after June, it's like having the F1 race to December.

I need to fast forward my clock. I'm so retained at the 3rd that it's annoying. So I got to thinking about christmas - what's going to happen now? do i still arrange the customary dinner or even bother with the tree? My son told me something interesting when I asked him. He reminded me that Christmas is for Jesus, so mommy, please put up the tree, and I will help you.

Between making pasta sauce and my assignment, I decided to put up the tree after next week - as for dinner on christmas eve, well, perhaps not - I'll probably just bake a couple of stuff and manage it from there. I told my son that he has grown too much for commercial christmas and I would like it to be quiet - he's not complaining.

I know that once the tree goes up, it means 2009 is around the corner. I haven't done my yearly debrief and will get on to that soon enough. The up-side is, this time next year, I would have completed what I set out to do 7 years ago - not one task but two, which should be an achievement but it wasn't easy getting to the target. I would rather focus on next years christmas clock, since that would really mean I could put a tick against these two items.

For all the grey skies that clouded my year, there were pretty linings in silver of the sun beyond. This year will be another huge crossroad junction to be mapped in the journey of my life.
Christmas clock, tick tock. Take out the tree, hang up the socks.

No comments: