About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 07, 2008

comfort food

Ice cream and chocolate, the cliche comfort food.
Since our deadlines are not over yet, my classmate and I decided to do what good students do, meet and discuss our next paper, work on it and meet again on another day with the work done. We are so behind that we should be shot.

Stress does many strange things to people - I know full well what chocolates do to me, unless it's dark chocolates, yet we all indulged at Haagen Das, chocolate ice-cream with chocolate topping galore, after a full bowl of laksa. If that's not an indication of stress, I don't know what is. I woke up this morning with a huge headache and work still incomplete. I know I'm stressed out because usually, one order of ice-cream is just too much for one person - but i emptied the tall glass all by myself and my classmate added an ice latte to his order of ice cream too!

How does chocolate become comfort food for me if i wake up with a headache? I really wonder.
It's probably the good feel that comes from the consumption of chocolates. We felt great - got over the skeleton of our assignment - even counseled each other since we are both depressed, having assessed each other last semester. As a guy, he's managing his state a little better although he's becoming a little more neurotic in his actions and verbalisation. After 4 hours, he decided that I'm a good case worker and the conversation shifted to why it's an area I detested. Comfort food does that to us - because we never really spoke seriously about our major fields of work or what we are really good at - if anything, it got us onto the 'business' at hand - which is our field of expertise - without deciding on that, we would all be running around in circles, submitting half-baked pieces of work.

Thankfully, my blood pressure levels are never high - so downing calories has never been an issue for me. Perhaps next time we have a thrashing session, I should opt for dark chocolates only...but then, would that comfort me enough?

No comments: