About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 02, 2008

Exam Fever

I know students who get into a nervous fit when it's examination week - nervousness could manifest as sleeplessness, loss of appetite, binge eating, grouchiness. Frankly, exam weeks are fine with me - I had never experienced a real panic when it came to exams, simply because it's too late to do anything anyway, so why fret - do your best and deal with whatever the outcome is. It was like that for my O-levels, my A-levels, during my undergrad years and now post-grad.

I was never a top student, just the usual average kid - returning acceptable grades, which never told anything much about where my interest lay, or whether I'll ever even make to any institution of higher learning. I was always too busy at some sport or other, some CCA (those days it was ECA) which I did excel in at least when compared to my classroom work.

So, now, this post-grad year, has been a little bit traumatic - I still don't panic because it's exams, I do the occasional OMG, HAVEN'T DONE THAT! SHIT! ****! but that's about it, my day just moves along. Perhaps I do more 'daily work' these days, not leaving things to the last minute, like I used to as a full-time student. Perhaps growing up has bestowed upon me some sense of responsibility. No, I have not seen an A grade yet and yes it still bothers me, but I'm coping with the reality of it all - I cannot have my cake and eat it - my candle is burning at both ends and at the mid-section, I don't need another flame right now - I will seek my A because my graduate studies haven't completed yet, and will not complete anytime soon even after next year - so I'll take my time to work my writing up to standard.

I'm really being tested not just academically, because I have been running a temperature for 2 days. Exam Fever indeed.
Perhaps being clinically depressed doesn't help, therefore my body is breaking down and telling me that I am stressed out in all ways.

Sure, I need to chill out (again) - but after tomorrow, I still have deadlines looming for this semester...bottom line - bite off what you can chew, and if you bit more than you can it's alright because you never know how much you can stretch until you are backed in a corner - and as long as you still can move a little, the solution is just a stretch away.

No comments: