About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 23, 2008

eyes on the ball

We have a bit more than a month to 2009.
Interesting thought - although we all do not know what the future holds for us, we still manage to get by, year after year ; surprises after surprises.
For the many years that have passed, this will be one year I probably will remember the most, because I finally got back on track, my original track in my goals.

I know that at least one of my gf has summed up this year as the worst in her life - she's been through 3 marriages in 46 years. Sometimes I think its a bad year, sometimes I think it's so-so; but all in all, I think it's important note that this would be the year I actually started my post-grad programme which is now halfway there, considering, I have enrolled twice before and never got it going because of work commitments.

When the morning comes, it's time to dress the tree, to begin my christmas reflection. Every year I talk about nostalgia, yes, it's december approaching. It's stock-taking time. It's a time to remember life and what it means to be living. To thank GOD, for the graces that he has given us, to remember that there is so much of suffering in this world so that we are appreciative of having our little luxuries.

And so the countdown begins with my looking back. This probably is the only time in each year that I look back, really look because once we hit December 31st, our eyes should be peeled forward to keep our focus - someone told me before - keep your eyes on the ball and don't loose sight of it.

No comments: