About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 17, 2008

First Steps to Christmas

This is the first part of the Christmas season for me - lights first. I'm not really done yet - need another roll of lights since i've decided on keeping it to just one colour type this year - blue. Nothing to do with Blue Christmas, just that this year I'm all for standardisation. Must be the madness surrounding me that has caused this dire need in me for some order.

It's not a great picture, but then, i'll post more as I move along to the finish line.

Actually, my favourite colour is red, but blue is calmer and perhaps that is also why I have decided on this theme for a year filled with volatility.

Sometimes I wonder why we all bother to put up the tree, spend hours working on it only to take it down right after the new year. But I suppose, when you have a christmas tree all lit up and you come home, you will be reminded that the new year is approaching and with that comes new hope and a renewed faith in the fact that GOD loves each and every one of us equally, although it doesn't always seem that way. The fact that we celebrate the birth of the Son of God, means there is hope for a better tomorrow for everyone. Let us remember that as we soak in the peace that comes with this christmas vision, there are many more children and people in the world who do not have this luxury or half this comfort that we have. Children who can only gaze at the stars overhead with no wrapped presents or warmth to remind them that they matter too. People who watch their children die of hunger and thirst.
We have a lot to be thankful for and we should be, if not for 11 months of the year, let's make December a month to remember others. The little we can do for another is a lot for them. If everyone made a small effort to remember, we will arrive at the point where everyone would have an equal chance at a decent life. Forget the commercial christmas of expensive presents - this year, give a gift from your heart. The value is not in the price tag, it's in the thought. Cliche, nope, it's the honest truth.

In your darkest moment, a Chanel bag isn't going to comfort you, but someone's guiding hand would. think about it.

No comments: