About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 13, 2008

Stepping into December




I just started on the foundation for the season - mainly the christmas wreath, which was hand-made from scratch and improved over the years, just so it means something to me and my little christmas tree, which has decorated many reception tables at project site offices.
Imagine that, a roving christmas tree..well, it's been with me too many years for me to want to dump it - the sentimental value it brings with it, simply because it was the first little tree I got ever, with what I could afford in terms of space. Too many years - it's a reminder for me, that life can be this simple and even when it becomes too complicated, this is where I started and this is what christmas is all about. It's my annual reality clock - stops me dead everytime I take it out from my christmas box.
I don't know how other people feel when they start preparing for christmas, but mine begins with tears and Kenny Rogers' Greatest Gift of All. I never, ever, start on christmas without this song. I will probably upload it tomorrow. I'm so consumed by the lyrics that I even play that on the piano this season, only this season. I'm going to just type out the lyrics for now...
Dawn is slowing breaking
Our friends have all gone home
You and I are waiting
For santa claus to come
There's a present by the tree
Stockings on the wall
Knowing you're in love with me
is the Greatest Gift of All.
The fire is slowly fading
Chill is in the air
All the gifts are waiting
For children everywhere
Through the window I can see
Snow begins to fall
Knowing you're in love with me
is the Greatest Gift of All
Just before I go to sleep
I hear a church bell ring'
Merry christmas everyone
It's the song it sings
So I say a silent prayer
For creatures great and small
Peace on earth Goodwill to Men
is the Greatest Gift of All.



No comments: