About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 21, 2008

Sony CyberShot cell phone

This year would have to be the year, when I took the longest time ever to upgrade my phone. Because I'm not that kind of a mobile phone savvy sort, my yearly upgrade is just to utilise the free voucher - the great thing about this is, I hardly use my phone for more than 24 mths - so the phone hardly has time to start giving battery problems. It's an inexpensive way to not be inconvenienced - my upgrades are usually free (of course) and I get to use the latest phone (almost).
This time around, I had to change phone maker type - Motorola to Sony Ericsson - not by choice, by more because Motorola didn't have anything that expensive to cover the voucher. Sony has just launched their CyberShot phone and I got one. I didn't get the one with the keyboard coz I really don't need all the functions - preferring to just use a phone for just that. I dumped my Palm coz after using it for a year, I decided that a paper diary functions better for my kind of work - where I need to find information/mtgs/dates very quickly and it could back-date a couple of mths, without me knowing which exact month. And so, I am now using this phone - which is very different - I must say it does feel easier to use -yet because the function keys are still not set the same as the Motorola, composing an sms text message is still slower. I used Sony many years ago, and I'm sure I'll get used to it.
I have found other functions and for once, I managed to transfer files etc by myself, instead of relying on the service provider to do it for me - they are really great in that, they accommodate my insufficient knowledge to successfully do it by myself.
I have no idea what this phone does, I just know it has a huge memory card and some 8 megapixels on its camera. I haven't read the manual yet, but will come around to it once I find the new functions.
Will start to use the camera on the phone to see just how easy downloading will be and if the photo quality is great.

No comments: